Sunday, August 10, 2008

Berlioz The Aristocat

At the end of the school year, Connor told me he wanted to try out for the school play The Aristocats. I thought it was a great idea! I asked him for weeks if he needed to do anything to prepare for tryouts. He reassured me he had to do nothing. The day of tryouts came and I was at work. I got a frantic phone call from Connor. He has tryouts in an hour and he needed to have a song to sing in front of the judges for tryouts. I cruised home and got the High School Musical CD and met him at the school. When it was his turn, I went in with him and put the CD in. I thought for sure he would freeze or get too embarrassed to do it. But to my pleasant surprise, the music started and Connor started singing....and dancing....without any rehearsal!! It was awesome. He's a natural born talent. Needless to say, he got one of the lead roles and performed at the end of the school year. We are so proud of him!

1 comments:

thebarrusfamily said...

Conner, that is the bravest thing I have ever heard! The only type of singing I do is singing real dorky to a Hannah Montana CD or dad in the shower


Ellie your cousin

Art Show

Tonight was Cooper and Connor's Art Show which displayed all the art work they completed this summer during Rachel Waters' art class. They started about 5 weeks ago and completed a different art project every week. Tonight, family got to come and see their projects on display. It was so fun. Cooper and Connor are very artistic and love to create. Rachel, their art teacher, was awesome. She came up with the cutest projects and helped ignite their creativity. It was a great experience and I'm so proud of their great work!!