Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Hawaiian Vacation

In May 2008, Robb and I went on a Hawaiian Cruise with our friend Matt and Heidi Yeates and Kim and Darren Scott. We had a great time and saw so many great things. We went snubaing (a mix of scuba and snorkel). Robb will say that I didn't really do it because I hovered at the top of the water, but I am proud of myself because I originally wasn't going to do it. I was too afraid of sharks. We did an awesome zipline through the jungles of Kauai, and Robb tried to surf. Except for my dialated eye from the seasick patch, the trip was a complete hit. And if any of you want to see Robb perform, ask him to sing "Turn the Page". He performed for us one night....karoke style. Hopefully this time he'll leave his clothes on. (You'll have to ask him about this....)


On our second day in Maui, we got up at 2:30 am and rode a bus up to the top of Haleakala Volacano to watch the sunrise. It was amazing. It was freezing cold and extremely early, but it was something I will never forget. We then rode mountain bikes down the mountain which was awesome (except for when Robb took a wrong turn and we had to ride our bikes about 2 miles straight up the mountain).



Robb, Matt, and Darren were able to swim some of the Ironman Triathlon swim course in Kona, Hawaii. Maybe next time we'll be back watching them do the real thing.

1 comments:

thebarrusfamily said...

Hey Brooke and Robb! I am so jealous that you guys went to Hawaii. Looks like you had a blast! I love the picture of Cannon. What a cutie!

Just so you know, I wasn't able to find your blog at the address you gave us on your text. You put thekellyklan@blogger.com and I found it at thekellyklan.blogspot.com

Art Show

Tonight was Cooper and Connor's Art Show which displayed all the art work they completed this summer during Rachel Waters' art class. They started about 5 weeks ago and completed a different art project every week. Tonight, family got to come and see their projects on display. It was so fun. Cooper and Connor are very artistic and love to create. Rachel, their art teacher, was awesome. She came up with the cutest projects and helped ignite their creativity. It was a great experience and I'm so proud of their great work!!