Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Hiking Adams Canyon
Okay...so on the 24th of July, Robb and I were trying to think of some cheap family fun, so we decided to take our kids to hike Adams Canyon. We weren't sure what the response would be, but initially they were excited. So, the entire drive there, Robb and I kept prepping the boys. We kept telling them that hikers don't whine. I just knew that we would get about 100 yards from our car and our boys would be done. I have to say..the initial hike up the hillside was brutal. I wasn't sure what I had gotten us into, but once we made it to the mouth of the canyon and there was shade, we did much better. I should've given my boys more credit because they did AWESOME. They were such troopers. I was so thrilled when we made it to the first waterfall. I was SO surprised when they wanted to continue and go all the way to the top. So, we did, and it was a blast! Cannon, our baby, is a natural born hiker. He didn't want any help. There were times he was on his hands and knees making his way to the top. At the end, we were sweaty and tired, but it was great. I'm already scalping for our next hike. I hope I have takers.

0 comments:

Art Show

Tonight was Cooper and Connor's Art Show which displayed all the art work they completed this summer during Rachel Waters' art class. They started about 5 weeks ago and completed a different art project every week. Tonight, family got to come and see their projects on display. It was so fun. Cooper and Connor are very artistic and love to create. Rachel, their art teacher, was awesome. She came up with the cutest projects and helped ignite their creativity. It was a great experience and I'm so proud of their great work!!