Saturday, March 28, 2009

Perfect Motivation



So...Robb and I recently signed up at this new gym. Today we went together to do the workout, and Damon (the owner of the gym) began the work out by explaining that each workout had a name. Today's workout was titled "Murphy", and each workout is in honor of a fallen solider.


Damon began reading the story behind Solider Murphy while everyone who was gonna work out stood at attention. I have to admit...I was taken a little off guard. I had NEVER done this before a workout. But, I stood at attention and listened to the story.


Click on this link to read his story: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21340490/


It was amazing how there was a moment of great respect for this individual in my gym class before our workout began. It was all kind of surreal.


Then we went on to do the workout and can I just say that it was one of the HARDEST workouts I have ever done. I wanted to quit so bad because my body was dying...but right when I thought I couldn't go another second, I thought of Solider Murphy. What an inspiration.


I am so grateful to live in this country, and I am so grateful to the men and women who serve and protect all of us on a daily basis. I know I often take it for granted. Thank you.


And...I am so grateful I made it through my workout. Thank you, Solider Murphy.

5 comments:

Mark & Stacie said...

That is way cool! What a neat way to honor fallen soldiers. Way to hang in there and finish the workout! I'm pretty sure it would of killed me.. I am so stinkin out of shape.

thebarrusfamily said...

Way to go! Where is this gym?

Nancy said...

Wow what Gym do you go to?? That is a great way to keep you motivated!

I have actually heard of his Story the survivor was on Glenn Beck recently.
What an amazing man he was!

Nate and Nicole said...

Which gym??

The Kelly Klan said...

For those of you who asked...we go to Crossfit in Kaysville. It's awesome. Now if I can just find someone to sew my mouth shut!

Art Show

Tonight was Cooper and Connor's Art Show which displayed all the art work they completed this summer during Rachel Waters' art class. They started about 5 weeks ago and completed a different art project every week. Tonight, family got to come and see their projects on display. It was so fun. Cooper and Connor are very artistic and love to create. Rachel, their art teacher, was awesome. She came up with the cutest projects and helped ignite their creativity. It was a great experience and I'm so proud of their great work!!