Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Doggy Drama


I really love my dogs Max and Jack, but I am TWO SECONDS from putting them on KSL.
I have done everything short of putting a catheter in them to get them to go potty outside.
I have to say...they are MUCH better than they used to be.
I am just SOOOO thankful Robb owns a carpet cleaning business...otherwise our doggies would have been LONG GONE a LONG time ago.
Yesterday I had John Bankhead (awesome guy...even more awesome handyman) install a doggy door in the middle of my kitchen. The picture at the beginning of this post is NOT my doggy door, but it looks very similar. However, my doggy door is in my wall, and poor John had to cut through my BRICK to install it.
But...it is beautiful and John did a TREMENDOUS job.
But guess what??? THEY WON'T FREAKING USE IT!
I'm not kidding. We were doing all we could to get them through it last night, but they acted like I was leading them to some uncertain death.
My kids think it's awesome. All of them (except Kaid) tried to weasel their way through it, but the dogs? Not so much.
Anybody have any suggestions? I really am at my wit's end.
And if your post is something like, "This is exactly why I don't have dogs," then don't bother posting because as you can see, I'm past that point.
Thank you kindly.

3 comments:

Richard and Michelle said...

That's SUCKS! When we were over at our friends house I tried to get Carlos to go through a doggy door and he was FREAKING out. Finally I just shoved him through it and eventually he came back in on his own. It took him a while but he did it. It also helped because they had dogs that were going in and out of it as well. Have Alexa take her dog over and see if he'll go through it or something. Or we can bring Carlos over too. Freak! Good luck!

Niederfam said...

Oh I'm SORRY, but really it's a pretty funny post, so THANKS for that!!! I'm still stalking I just rarely comment, I'll look for you at the BBall games soon!!!

The Kelly's said...

Why do you need to train your dogs when you have trained your children? Seriously...that is way harder than training dogs. :)

Art Show

Tonight was Cooper and Connor's Art Show which displayed all the art work they completed this summer during Rachel Waters' art class. They started about 5 weeks ago and completed a different art project every week. Tonight, family got to come and see their projects on display. It was so fun. Cooper and Connor are very artistic and love to create. Rachel, their art teacher, was awesome. She came up with the cutest projects and helped ignite their creativity. It was a great experience and I'm so proud of their great work!!