Monday, January 12, 2009

A Weekend in Arizona

I haven't been down to see my sister Tara in Arizona for years. When I got done teaching fall semester, I knew it was time to go visit. So, I booked Cannon and me a ticket and we were off for a weekend. I take turns taking a kid every time and this time was Cannon's. I'm glad it was his turn too because he had a great time playing with his cousin Sophie. Tara's husband, Kirk, has a bird named Spot and one morning, Cannon let Kirk put him on his arm. It was hilarious. I could tell that he was scared to death but he tried so hard to be brave. You're probably wondering what the nasty thing is coming out of his nose. Well, he can thank Robb for that. He gets nasty cold sores, and this lovely thing came out of his nose. It was funny because Tara said he looked like Hitler. I have to agree.


I need to make an effort to go visit my sister Tara and her family more often. Her little girl Sophie actually likes me and wanted me to hold her. You know I love that! Tara and I had a great time making yummy things in her new Bosch, and you know that we went out to eat every chance that we could. I am a lucky girl to have 4 sisters that I love to spend time with. As much as I hate having Tara live so far away, it's nice being able to escape the cold and go see her where it's always warm.

0 comments:

Art Show

Tonight was Cooper and Connor's Art Show which displayed all the art work they completed this summer during Rachel Waters' art class. They started about 5 weeks ago and completed a different art project every week. Tonight, family got to come and see their projects on display. It was so fun. Cooper and Connor are very artistic and love to create. Rachel, their art teacher, was awesome. She came up with the cutest projects and helped ignite their creativity. It was a great experience and I'm so proud of their great work!!