Thursday, January 15, 2009

White Boots

Can I just say that my kids say the most HILARIOUS stuff! Today as Connor was getting ready for school, I told him that he looked really handsome. (Cooper and Connor just started going to Ballroom Dance in the mornings. They have been SO excited. I don't think they care about the dancing...I hear them tee-heeing about holding girls' hands. Needless to say, on Ballroom days, they're dressed to the hilt.)

Connor's response: "Thanks, but I think I would look so much better if I had some white jeans to go with this shirt."

My response: (I had to pause because I can't remember the last time I saw a guy in white jeans and thought it was HOT.) "Well, Connor, I think your blue jeans look way better than white jeans."

Connor's response: "Fine, then I think some white boots would look really good."

I had to look to see if he was joking. He was DEAD serious.

My response: "Connor. Sweetie. Why in the world would you want WHITE boots? I haven't ever seen a guy wear white boots."

Connor's response: "Uh huh...Nacho Libre. And they looked really good on him."

HILARIOUS! Maybe we can get him some of Cannon's sweatpants and they can be his "stretchy pants". Why are kids so DANG funny?

4 comments:

Nancy said...

OMG Nacho Libre Looks GOOD????? that's So funny Just to realize the perception kids have sometime!!

thebarrusfamily said...

Jason has a pair of white boots and white pants. I'm the only one who's seen them and it only happens after midnight. :) You know I'm totally joking. right??

Niederfam said...

it's true nacho libre is SOOOO hot!!! hilarious...

Nate and Nicole said...

Ok Nate and I just laughed our heads off.

Art Show

Tonight was Cooper and Connor's Art Show which displayed all the art work they completed this summer during Rachel Waters' art class. They started about 5 weeks ago and completed a different art project every week. Tonight, family got to come and see their projects on display. It was so fun. Cooper and Connor are very artistic and love to create. Rachel, their art teacher, was awesome. She came up with the cutest projects and helped ignite their creativity. It was a great experience and I'm so proud of their great work!!